What Is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund is a charitable giving account managed by a nonprofit institution—known as a sponsoring organization—and created for the purpose of managing charitable gifts on behalf of donors.
I already have a donor advised fund... What's next?
If you have a donor advised fund and your sponsoring organization participates in DAF Direct, you can recommend a distribution to Americares by doing the following:
- Select your sponsoring organization from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Americares as the Designation.
- Enter the amount of your donation to Americares.
- Click on the NEXT button, which will connect you directly to your sponsoring organization's website to confirm your recommendation.
What if my sponsoring organization is not part of DAF Direct?
- Simply contact your sponsoring organization directly and recommend a donation in support of the lifesaving work of Americares.
- Provide the following information:
88 Hamilton Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
Federal taxpayer identification number:
Americares contact information:
Manager, Planned Giving
(203) 658-9596 or (800) 486-4357 extension 596
Main advantages of donor advised funds
Donor advised funds manage charitable donations on behalf of an organization, family or individual. This increasingly popular charitable vehicle is an excellent way to simplify your charitable giving and achieve your philanthropic goals. DAFs allow donors to make a donation and receive an immediate tax deduction and the DAF grants specified amounts to designated charities at a later time.
- Simplicity—The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility—Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency—Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- No transaction fees—Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to Americares.
- Privacy if desired—Donors may choose to remain anonymous to Americares.
For more information on donor advised funds contact Karen Malner at email@example.com or (203) 658-9596 or (800) 486-4357 extension 596.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.